Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I'm Thankful For!

It's that time of year again, when we stop and reflect on all of the things we are thankful for.  Although I do this everyday, I don't share it with anyone.  But since it is that time of year, I just want to share what I am thankful for and would love it if you would share we me what you are thankful for.  Back in July my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  This really through me for a loop, because my mom had just lost two of her 6 brothers back to back to lung cancer.  When she told me her results came back positive for cancer I didn't know how to react.  I told her it would be OK and then I dashed off to a meeting.  This was my way of not having to deal with it at that moment.  When I returned home that night I still could not talk about it.  I went into my bedroom and I cried because I had just attended a funeral in May for my uncle.  The next day I talked to my mom about it and assured her that everything would be OK.  She had the cancerous lump removed and had her first chemo treatment was about 3 weeks ago.  After the chemo treatment she developed pneumonia and was hospitalized for 6 days.  She came on after that and had to go right back to the hospital because she had developed a condition called diverticulitis.  She was hospitalized for another 5 days.She was in so much pain.  I had to be strong but deep down inside I was crumbling and no one knew.  My mom was released this past Monday.  She still felt a little sick, but as the days went on she started to feel better.  She is feeling good and I am so grateful and thankful for that, because she loves to cook at Thanksgiving and I know if she had been feeling sick she would not be able to cook.  When I came down stairs this morning the sun was shinning so bright.  I opened all of the blinds in my office so that it could engulf the room.  I could smell Thanksgiving as I entered the kitchen where my mom and my uncle were already at it.  The ham was done and the cornbread was in the oven so the stuffing could be made.  I gave my uncle a pat on the back and said hello and gave my mom a big hug.  She said to me I feel really good today and just writing this brings tears to my eyes.  So to hear those words come out of her mouth makes me really Thankful.
 
Life is short and holidays are precious, so I pray that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Until Next Time
Make It A Great Day!
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment