I work with a lot of people and I get a chance to see what makes a lot of them tick. 99% of them are living on someone else terms building someone else dreams. 9 times out of 10 they are miserable, but they continue to live this life because it's comfortable. Daring to believe that the life that they really desire can be the one that they live everyday. Too lazy to put in the work that it will take to live life on their terms not truly understanding that when you are doing what you love, you won't mind the work. They don't want to put in the time that it will take to change their mindset, because living life on your own terms means that you have to change the way you think about things. Fear of the unknown keeps them paralyzed even though they know that they can take the leap if they had enough Faith. But even their Faith is shook. So how does one go about living life on their own terms you may ask. Well I am happy to share with you some of the steps that I've adopted to do just that.
1. First you have to make a decision that you want to live a life that you truly love.
2. You have to pay attention to what your purpose is. Notice that I said pay attention. The reason being is because your purpose is already in you, but you haven't paid it any attention because it comes so naturally to you that you just do it without thinking about it.
3. You have to stop chasing money. As long as you chase money it will continue to run from you.
4. Don't try to please everyone, because you can't. Be true to yourself and know your worth.
5. Take some time to find out who you are. Until you do this and be completely honest with yourself you will always live on someone else terms.
6. Don't let envy or jealousy into your life. Don't compare yourself to others. No one is better than anyone else. You can have exactly what you want when you make a decision that you want it. When you make the commitment that you will do what you have to create the life that you want. When you remove envy and jealousy from your life.
7. Don't forget to pray and ask for guidance. This is the most important thing especially when you are struggling try to make sense of your life knowing that you want something different but just don't know where to start or what to do.
Life is short. Stop living on someone else terms and start living on your own terms!
Until Next Time
Make It A Great Day!
Audrey Bell-Kearney is known as The Entrepreneur Mentor because she help people get clear about their business. Audrey is the founder of Ms. Boss Network and the host of The Ms. Boss Show which profiles business owners, business experts and authors. Audrey is also the author of I Have A Big Idea Now What: The Ultimate Guide For The New Entrepreneur and also The Ms. Boss Business Builder Blueprint. Be sure to join Ms. Boss Network by going to http://www.msbossnetwork.com