Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Using PR To Grow Your Business

Just finished up an interview on with Dionne Watts-Williams who is the CEO of Inspired Creative Group on The Ms. Boss Show, which is our weekly radio show bringing you the best of the business for small businesses.  We discussed some great tips about getting PR for your business.  PR is a great way to grow your business, but you have to have news that is timely and relevant.  Make sure to come up with a good hook for your news piece before you send it out.  If your PR budget is low, use some creativity to help get your message out there.  Also remember to make sure that you send your message to the right media.  It is truly a waste of time pitching a story to a media outlet that does not cover your industry.  So make sure you do your home work and target the right media group.  

If you have a small media budget around $150 I would like to suggest the two press release distributors that I use when I want to make sure my news get to the desk of editors.  I use www.PRWEB.com and I use www.BlackPR.com.  Both of these are great sources and they help you target your audience effectively.  Every time I use Black PR my company get written up in a publication somewhere.  When people read a news story about you versus an ad it gives you more credibility.

I hope this information was helpful.  Please feel free to leave your comments or PR suggestions.  I would love to hear from you.

Until Next Time
Make It A Great Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the opportunity, Audrey. It was a great experience! Your listeners can feel free to visit our website at www.inspiredcreativegroup.com. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete