Monday, July 19, 2010

The Power Of Focus

As entrepreneurs we are very creative people.  One of the problems with this is that we loose focus somewhat easily.  We love new ideas and want to check them all out, but doing this can cause us to fall behind in the business that we are currently doing.  I remember wondering why my income was not what I expected it to be.  I had written the books, and I was doing some marketing, but my sales were horrible.  I had to step back and re-evaluate what I was doing.  What I realized is that I was trying to focus on too many things. I was trying to run what I told myself was 4 different arms of my business, but in reality they were really 4 separate businesses altogether.  So what I decided to do was bring people on with me to take over the other arms of my business which allowed me time to focus on my core business.  I also totally eliminated one of the arms, because after my evaluation I realized that it just didn't make sense anyway and to top it off it made me miserable to do it.  Now I have complete clarity and I am able to stay focused.  I get so much more done this way.  Instead of having to figure out a marketing plan for this and for that I sit in a meeting or do a phone conference to see where we are and my team take over from there.

If you ask any successful entrepreneur what does it take to be successful they will probably tell you a few things that are helpful, but I am sure that one of those things will be staying focused.

Well that's all for now.

To order the I Have Entrepreneur A.D.D. shirt above click here

Until Next Time
Make It A Great Day!
Audrey
http://www.MsBossInternational.com

No comments:

Post a Comment