Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Developing A Clear Vision

Visualizing Success: The Influence of Mental Simulation in an Expressive Writing Context on Academic PerformanceSo right now I'm in Georgia on vacation.  I was just ear hustling in a conversation that my husband was having with his daughter.  She is in college for fashion merchandise, but her real dream is to have a boutique.  So me being who I am and believing that you should do what you love had to butt into the conversation with my two cents.  So I wanted to share with you what I said to her about her dream of being a business owner and owning her own boutique.  She wants a boutique so my advice to her was to:
  • First write out your vision.  Make it so crystal clear that she can see what it looks like, smells like and feel like when she walks through the door.
  • Network with other stylists and designers, because this way she can fill her store with inventory without having to layout all of the money it would take.
  • Also network with hair stylists, especially the ones that do hair shows, because they always know fashion designers because when they do shows someone has to dress the models.
  • Create such an experience at her store that people will be willing to tell everyone they know
  • Don't try to be everything to everybody.  Choose a niche market and develop that.
I hope that sharing with you what I shared with her you will find some value and can apply these same tips to your business.

Until Next Time
Make It A Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment